Elder Care in Turnersville, NJ– What You Need to Know to Ensure the Best Care for Your Loved One
Elder care services may also be known as senior care or elderly home care. They refer to an agency that provides non-medical home care to seniors. This may also include personal care. This service doesn’t require a physician’s prescription. An elderly home care provider can help the senior loved one with activities such as bathing, reminders to take medication, meal preparation, getting dressed, transferring from toilet, chair or bed, and transportations to get to and from physicians’ appointments. Caregivers also provide essential companionship and can engage in hobbies, playing games or talking with your senior loved one.
How does home care help the family caregivers?
- Provides assistance to the senior adult to ease the responsibility of caregiving for the family members. Gives them some time off and a chance to do other things and renew their energy.
- Provides peace of mind to the family caregiver who would otherwise be worried about their aging parent during times when they can’t be there due to other responsibilities such as work or family.
- Provides companionship to the senior who lives alone and tends to get very lonely.
- Although Medicare doesn’t pay for home care services, they may be covered by long-term care insurance. That’s worth looking into, and so is your eligibility for assistance through the Family Caregiver Support Program. You can find out more information through your local Area Agency on Aging.
What to ask the agency about home care
- Does long-term care insurance cover your services? Would you process the necessary paperwork?
- Please describe the training supplied to your employees. Is it regularly updated?
- Please describe the services your caregivers offer for people with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Are there cognitive-appropriate activities? Do your caregivers have experience in communication under these circumstances?
- Do you have previous client feedback about your services? Do you have previous references I can talk to – people who have used your service?
- Are there any other things I should know about your home care service?
- What if the caregiver match doesn’t work out and my parent wants a different caregiver?
- What arrangements are made for a substitute if my parent’s caregiver is sick?
You can never ask too many questions. This is your senior loved one and they deserve the best of care. Make sure the home care agency treats you well and shows respect to you and your loved one at all times. Since this is a paid service, make sure you and your loved one are getting your money’s worth and everyone is happy with the arrangements. If you ever have any concerns or questions make sure to speak with someone at the home care agency and get questions answered quickly.
For all of your elder care needs in Turnersville, NJ and the surrounding areas call and talk to us at Home to Stay Healthcare Solutions (856) 321-1500.
Home to Stay Senior Care Solutions is owned and operated by the Dubler and Skole Families and was started because of experiences they had with their own Families. In one situation Mom was living alone and had a fall. It was not until this fall that the family realized they were unprepared.
When it was time for their Mom to come home, she needed companion and personal care to assist her and prevent another accident. Like most people in this situation, they were confused and did not know where to go for help. It was this life-changing experience that lead to starting a home care company that is focused on enabling those who wish to stay at home and age in place.
Latest posts by Andrew Dubler (see all)
- 6 Common Problems Nursing Homes Face - December 15, 2019
- Biogen’s Alzheimer’s Drug - December 11, 2019
- What Are Nursing and Residential Care Facilities, and Why Are They Important - December 1, 2019