Senior Care in Cherry Hill, NJ – Fall Apples are a Delicious, Healthy Addition to a Senior”s Diet
Despite the fall apple harvest not being optimal in some parts of California this year, apple harvests and apple festivals and celebrations have been going on across the nation in the apple producing states.
In central Virginia there are many apple related activities going on including apple butter making at the farmers market, apple cider making, apple dessert sampling, pick your own apples and much more. For more information see the website at http://www.virginia.org/Fall/Apples/
It’s easy to find apple activities close to you. If you live in one of the top 7 apple producing states: Washington, New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio or Oregon, you can search your state for apple events.
Activities centered on apple harvest may be more difficult to find in some of the other states. However, you can certainly make your own. Here are some ideas for you to try:
- Make apples a highlight of a family get-together. Try apple crisp, apple pie, apple cobbler, homemade apple juice, and apple butter. Or try something entirely new!
- Eat an apple a day for nutrition and the wonderfully sweet taste
- Put on an apple bobbing event for the family and invite your elderly loved one to come and watch
- Try a different variety of apples than the one you’re used to buying
Fun trivia about apples
- Apples originated in Asia
- There are over 10,000 varieties of apples grown worldwide
- The science of apple growing is called Pomology
- Apple trees belong to the rose family
- Johnny Appleseed helped spread cultivated apples throughout the United States.
- For successful pollination of apple blossoms, you need two trees growing near each other
- Apple trees online casino canada can live for hundreds of years
- An apple harvester can pick approximately 12,000 apples each day!
- It takes 2 pounds of apples to make one delectable 9” apple pie
- An apple in with your stored potatoes will keep them fresh and prevent them from sprouting.
Delicious cinnamon baked apples
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 large apples – peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3 ½ tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a large baking dish with the butter.
- Mix brown sugar, vanilla sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Layer about 1/3 of the apples in prepared baking dish; sprinkle with 1/3 of the sugar mixture. Repeat layers twice more.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Pour water over apples and continue baking until tender, about 15 minutes more.
Your elderly loved one may have a favorite apple recipe. You can make it together with her for some together time and to enjoy eating it after you’re done. When you need a little help taking care of your aging parent, remember to call senior care services. She would have her own caregiver to take her places, help with personal and home care, and give her company and companionship.
For all of your senior care needs in Cherry Hill, NJ and the surrounding areas call and talk to us at Home to Stay Healthcare Solutions (856) 321-1500.
Home to Stay Senior Care Solutions is owned and operated by the Dubler and Skole Families and was started because of experiences they had with their own Families. In one situation Mom was living alone and had a fall. It was not until this fall that the family realized they were unprepared.
When it was time for their Mom to come home, she needed companion and personal care to assist her and prevent another accident. Like most people in this situation, they were confused and did not know where to go for help. It was this life-changing experience that lead to starting a home care company that is focused on enabling those who wish to stay at home and age in place.
Latest posts by Andrew Dubler (see all)
- 7 Actions You Can Take to Prevent Alzheimer’s - October 1, 2019
- What to Expect After a Parent is Diagnosed with Alzheimer’s? - September 15, 2019
- Is an Alzheimer’s Memory Screening Test Worth It? - September 15, 2019