The area’s only certified provider of the AlzBetter method of care.
AlzBetter is a patent pending dementia program created specifically to help keep people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia in their homes. Your loved one can live a safe, meaningful life in their home, even with dementia. Learn more about this one-of-a-kind program here.
About the AlzBetter program
AlzBetter’s Patent Pending Program is the most complete and innovative dementia care system aimed at helping people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia to live safely at home.
- A care manager who is a certified dementia specialist comes to the home and utilizes custom software to do an in depth dementia assessment. This assessment is far more detailed than an ordinary home care assessment.
- Proprietary algorithms then determine client’s current level of dementia and identify problematic areas.
- Software creates a daily schedule which includes tasks and activities that create a meaningful and enjoyable day. All activities are based on person’s personal interests and appropriate for current level of dementia.
- Home health aide or companion with advanced dementia training is hand selected to provide care for clients and receives individualized instruction from care manager on an ongoing basis.
- Regular follow-up visits are performed by care manager to re-assess current level of dementia and make changes to activities according to results. Additionally, Quality Of Life assessment is performed regularly to determine the success of the program and resolve problems.
- Family and other caregivers receive education and personalized training from care manager using our Care Manual and Custom Videos.
- Specialized Activities are introduced. These include proprietary books and puzzles created specifically for people with dementia which match their current level. Free enrollment in our Music For Memory program which includes complimentary iPod loaded with their favorite songs as well as portable speaker. Pet therapy visits (In certain areas)