Home Health Care in Cherry Hill, NJ – Improving Your Elderly Loved One’s Health with These Simple Steps
There are plenty of things people can do to improve their overall health. For any senior, whether they are relying on professional home care, the assistance of family members, or are still able to manage their own welfare at home, below are three steps that can help to improve health and well-being.
When overall health is improved, it can affect many other aspects of a person’s life, including their emotional well-being and even their mental vitality and stamina.
1. Change the diet. Changing diet from something that is less than healthy to one that is healthier can be tremendously beneficial. So what does it mean to change one’s diet to something healthier?
The first step is to evaluate the types of food a person is eating on a regular basis. Eating three meals a day is recommended for people of all ages. Many seniors have a tendency to skip meals or instead choose something that isn’t quite nutritious enough. Processed foods and anything prepackaged, prepared, or frozen is not likely going to offer the kind of nutritional supplement an aging individual needs.
Focus on eating more fruits and vegetables, limiting red meat, eating more fish, and eating three healthy meals a day that are not oversized.
2. Get more exercise. Even seniors should be getting some level of exercise on a daily basis. Just 15 minutes a day, every day, can be tremendously beneficial for one’s overall health and well-being.
It’s important that any elderly individual who has not exercised regularly in a long time contact their primary care physician to make sure they are fit enough for exercise.
3. Become more active. When people are engaged with other individuals, it has benefits for emotional well-being. Seniors who have a tendency to isolate themselves, especially when they begin to struggle with their own basic care are more prone to depression, stress, and anxiety.
By getting exercise and being more active, the senior will feel better about themselves, their future, and other prospects.
Even though the senior may require some type of home care, it’s never too late to change bad habits and begin building a stronger future and a healthier body around them. Even people who have suffered serious health issues can still benefit by any or all three of these steps to improve health.
For all of your home health care needs in Cherry Hill, NJ and the surrounding areas call and talk to us at Home to Stay Healthcare Solutions (856) 321-1500.
Home to Stay Senior Care Solutions is owned and operated by the Dubler and Skole Families and was started because of experiences they had with their own Families. In one situation Mom was living alone and had a fall. It was not until this fall that the family realized they were unprepared.
When it was time for their Mom to come home, she needed companion and personal care to assist her and prevent another accident. Like most people in this situation, they were confused and did not know where to go for help. It was this life-changing experience that lead to starting a home care company that is focused on enabling those who wish to stay at home and age in place.
Latest posts by Andrew Dubler (see all)
- 10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s - August 15, 2019
- Things to Remember If You Love Someone With Dementia - August 1, 2019
- 10 Things Every Alzheimer’s Caregiver Needs To Know - July 12, 2019