Senior Care in Cherry Hill, NJ
One of the most impactful efforts that you make for your aging loved ones in the course of your senior care journey with them is helping them to maintain a clean and healthy home environment. The condition of their home can make a dramatic difference in their ongoing physical, mental, and emotional health and wellbeing, and is an important part of pursuing your senior care goals. Constantly cleaning the home, however, is not practical when you have a busy schedule of meeting their regular needs, taking care of your children, staying connected with your partner, and maintaining your career. By using a few simple tips for routine maintenance, you can help keep their home clean and fresh while minimizing the need for frequent deep cleanings.
One room in the home that should always be as fresh and clean as possible is the bathroom. This room can harbor a wide variety of germs and odors, so it is important to make it a priority in your cleaning routine. Use these tips, and share them with your elderly loved ones’ senior health care services provider, to maintain a clean and healthy bathroom with just a few minutes each day:
• Rinse the sink. Whether it is brushing your teeth, shaving, or washing your hands, it is easy to create residue in the sink. While a little splatter here and there might not seem like a big deal when they happen, they can quickly build up to create an unpleasant, germ-filled problem. As soon as something goes into the sink, make it a point to rinse. Have a spray bottle filled with vinegar and water sitting beside the sink or in the cabinet and spray it down, then rinse with fresh water. This will keep the sink clean, sparkling, and deodorized.
• Clean the toilet. No one loves to clean toilets, but it is important to maintaining a healthy, pleasant space. Reduce the scrub by reaching right into your medicine cabinet. Indigestion relief tablets have bubbling action and citric acid that are fantastic at breaking down the compounds that lead to stains, and they naturally freshen the bowl. Drop a couple of them into the water and allow them to fizz for a few minutes before doing a quick scrub with a stiff toilet brush.
• Prevent mold and mildew. Mold and mildew are often a serious problem in the bathroom because of the warmth and moisture. Help keep these growths at bay with a natural daily spray you can make right at home. Purchase a spray bottle or repurpose one that you already have. Fill it with water and mix in 10 drops of tea tree oil. Spray this mixture on the inside of the shower, tub, and shower curtain once each day and again after using the shower to prevent mold and mildew. If you already have these problems, this mixture can make cleaning them off easier.
• Absorb moisture. High humidity not only makes the bathroom feel less pleasant, but it also fosters the growth of germs, mold, mildew, and unpleasant odors. Tuck a moisture-absorbing compound such as a baking soda cake behind the toilet to reduce the humidity and freshen the air.
For all of your senior care needs in Cherry Hill, NJ and the surrounding areas call and talk to us at Home to Stay Healthcare Solutions (856) 321-1500.
Home to Stay Senior Care Solutions is owned and operated by the Dubler and Skole Families and was started because of experiences they had with their own Families. In one situation Mom was living alone and had a fall. It was not until this fall that the family realized they were unprepared.
When it was time for their Mom to come home, she needed companion and personal care to assist her and prevent another accident. Like most people in this situation, they were confused and did not know where to go for help. It was this life-changing experience that lead to starting a home care company that is focused on enabling those who wish to stay at home and age in place.
Latest posts by Andrew Dubler (see all)
- 10 Early Signs and Symptoms of Alzheimer’s - August 15, 2019
- Things to Remember If You Love Someone With Dementia - August 1, 2019
- 10 Things Every Alzheimer’s Caregiver Needs To Know - July 12, 2019